Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Encouragement for your Tuesday

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him...so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (Hebrews 12:2-3)

When I'm tired, emotional, weary about my day, my circumstances, my life, whatever it may be....I should look to Jesus, who has endured the cross for me! Many times, I'll go to eating, zoning out on TV, some "guilty pleasure" for comfort, when I should be going first to Jesus.

Jesus, who is God, went up to the mountain to pray and be alone with God every night during His mission years! He needed to strengthen Himself and refresh Himself spiritually for His mission. How much more do I need to spend time going to God in prayer and alone time!

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. What a good reminder. I am so with you...I often retreat to chocolate, late night snacks, veg time in front of the tv, or wasteless time browsing the web...when I could be seeking my Father. Oh how thankful I am for his grace. His arms are always ready and wide open for us to turn back to him and bear our souls.

    ReplyDelete