Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Its been forever

I know its been an incredibly long time since I have posted. Life has been coming fast and furious. I often think of things I'd like to post but never find the time/energy to do it! I'm amazed by the people who are able to consistently post....

Of all of the things that I have been doing, the one that has me growing the most spiritually and in my accountability to Christ is the weekly Bible study I have been attending through Community Bible Study.  It is a wonderful women's group with (of course) Scripture, study, worship and fellowship. Some weeks I feel like I don't want to make the effort to get Brogan and myself ready to go, but I am ALWAYS glad that I do!

We are studying the book of John, which is an incredible book! I'd like to share a few things with you. Bear with me because it will be kind of choppy (I don't have a gift for prose!)

The amazing thing is that Jesus just lays it out there for everyone. There is no beating around the bush. So many times I have read over a Scripture passage or heard a message at church and only caught the superficial meaning. I have been trying more and more to get to the bottom of the spiritual truth and apply it practically to my life. That has been key for me in my growth.

"I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of Life" Jn 8:12 Its incredible to think, especially when my path looks uncertain, or when I don't know where I'm going in life or how I'll get there, all I need to do is to look to Jesus (and follow him!) and he will light my way. Its that simple! Of course, actually following and relying on Him may not be as simple......

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him." Jn 3:17 and after the crowd asked Jesus how they could accomplish the works of God he said "This is the work of God, that you believe in the one he sent." Jn 6:29. The will of God is that we believe in Jesus, so that we may be saved through Him. That is how we accomplish his work! Once we believe in Him and are saved, we have eternal life "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life..." Jn 3:36, and if you believe in Him, you'll follow his teachings.

Following his teachings is not easy or fashionable. In fact, many of his disciples left and returned back to their old ways as he revealed some of his teachings (Jn 6:66). My challenge is to continue to learn how to apply Jesus' teaching practically to my life.

This book is filled with so much spiritual fruit, I hope you'll take the time to read and study it.  I wanted to include so many other things but I'm out of time! I will try to add more as we learn more. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment